Ryan provides individual 1:1 coaching for boys age 11 and up. Coaching focuses on improving social thinking skills and emotional regulation skills. Sessions are typically 30 minutes in length but can be 55 minutes. In order to determine if online coaching would be effective for your son it is necessary to book one 30 minute appointment where Ryan works with him individually.
Please note that Ryan does not provide academic executive functioning coaching.
Topics we frequently work on during online sessions:
- Understanding others’ thoughts about you and how you come across to others (perspective taking)
- “Learning how to accurately “read” social cues
- Learning to differentiate what’s a “small problem”, “medium problem or “big problem”
- Making and sustaining friendships
- Developing cognitive flexibility in order to be part of a male peer group
- Understanding the “hidden rules” of male-male social communication
- Learning to be relatable to similar-age boys
- Developing self-directed talk (using your “Inner Coach”)
- Learning how to show an interest in other boys so they know you want to be friends
- Going from “school friends” to outside of school friends
In order for online coaching to be successful the individual needs to be motivated to participate and parents are required to follow simple guidelines in order to make their son’s coaching time productive.
Please note that coaching is not a replacement for mental health services. While Ryan is a licensed mental health provider he is not operating in a clinical capacity through ADHD Dude Coaching services.
Please note that Ryan does not offer online executive function coaching. While executive functioning challenges can be addressed with parents it is not a productive use of time to do strictly executive function coaching online with kids.
30 Minute Session: $70.00
55 Minute Session: $140.00
Please contact Ryan to discuss next steps: