Welcome! My name is Ryan, I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, School Social Worker and Certified Autism Specialist who has spent nearly 20 years working with kids and young adults who present with social learning challenges and social anxiety. I have served as a School Social Worker, Camp Director and Therapist.
While I have worked in special education since graduating from Bryn Mawr College School of Social Work I became interested in social learning (social skills) because my son whom I adopted as an older child needed help with his social skills, executive functioning and emotional regulation skills. When I searched for social skills programs in my area I found that the programs in the area were designed for children with more significant challenges and did not teach the skills I knew he needed to learn. As a result, I began learning all I could about these areas which eventually led me to my professional passion, teaching social cognitive skills as well as executive function and emotional regulation skills.
I created the ADHD Dude community because I believe that parents and those who care about kids with ADHD (and related challenges) need to take ownership of learning how to help their kids develop the skills they are lagging. Read more below in the ADHD Dude Mission Statement.
I look forward to connecting with you.
Ryan Wexelblatt, LCSW, CAS
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Certified New New Jersey School Social Worker
- Certified Autism Specialist
- Received Social Thinking® Clinical Training Level 1 Certificate of Completion
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Youth from the Beck Institute
- Extensive training in executive functioning support strategies
- Training from Temple University Children & Teen Anxiety Clinic
- Training in sexuality and relationship education