(September 14, 2019 update) Please note that I currently have an extensive waiting list for new online coaching clients. Please do not book an appointment through my scheduling portal if we have not discussed availability yet. You can add yourself to the wait list by entering your email address here.
Before you schedule an appointment with me please make sure you are clear about the following:
- Online coaching is not “therapy”. While I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker I am not operating in a clinical capacity through ADHD Dude Coaching.
- Coaching is available for boys ages 11 and up. While most boys are good candidates for online coaching, not all are. I will let you know within 2 sessions if I do not believe your son is a good candidate for online coaching.
- In order to make my session time with you son most productive he will need to be on a laptop/desktop with a webcam. The room should be free of distractions and he should be alone as the presence of parents/family members will be a distraction and he will likely be less cooperative.
- If sessions are not cancelled with 24-hours notice or if you are a “no-show” meaning you do not show up for your scheduled time, you will still need to pay the full session fee.
- Payment is due in advance of our session and can be made through Venmo or by check. I do not accept credit card payments.
When it’s time to schedule
Your first appointment with me should be 30 minutes and should be with you, not your son. The intention with this appointment is to gather background information that will help me understand how to use our time together most effectively.
When scheduling for your son-typically, I do 30-minute appointments although they can be 55 minutes if necessary. My suggestion is to always start with 30-minute appointments. Please note that if your son is currently working with a mental health professional he will need to finish with that person before I can work with him.
When you go to my scheduling portal please make sure that you select the days that say “online”.
IMPORTANT: When in my scheduling portal and make sure you fill out all pertinent information including your son’s name as the client, your phone number and email address. Please note that if you do not select to be contacted by email or text, I will have no way of contacting you if I need to change or cancel an appointment.
Once your appointment is confirmed I will send you my coaching contract and forms to fill our before our first meeting.
I appreciate you following these guidelines and look forward to working with you.